Extinguish Plus combines the power of hydramethylnon with an insect growth regulator (IGR) to kill fire ant workers and prevent queens from laying fertile eggs. The result is complete fire ant colony control. Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait is best used in the spring or early fall, or whenever fire ants are active. The ants will feed off Extinuish Plus and spread the bait throughout the entire colony, halting the infestation within weeks. Extinguish Fire Ant Bait can be used indoors and outdoors on lawns, pasture land, rangeland, landscaped areas, and golf courses.
TIPS: This product can take 4 to 7 days to see results, however, you should only apply this product if the soil temperature is about 65 degrees, it is not going to rain within 8 hours, and the fire ants are foraging. It is recommended to broadcast the treatment instead of mound treat for best results, and you should apply the product where the ground is in the sun, since this is where fire ants will nest. You can use this product on pastureland. It may be applied to grass forage (pasture and rangeland) for the control of fire ants only in the following states - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
|Active Ingredient:||Hydramethylnon . . . . . . 0.365%
S-Methoprene . . . . . . . . 0.250%
|Target pests:||EXTINGUISH PLUS controls imported and native fire ants and other ants, such as harvester ants, bigheaded ants, and Argentine ants.|
|For use in:||Non-crop areas such as rangeland, pasture, lawns, landscaped areas, golf courses. NOT FOR USE ON FOOD CROPS or where grazed animals are being used for food or feed.|
|Application:||broadcast application: 1.5-2 lbs. per acre
individual mounds: 2-5 tablespoons
**Ants must be foraging for this to work. You should not apply this product in the late fall or winter of ants are not foraging...it will not work! Also, bait must remain dry. Do not apply if it is going to rain within 8 hours.
|Yield:||Use within 3 months of opening bag.|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||MN|
|Shipping Weight:||2.00 lbs|
Now you can have fast acting, long lasting fire ant control. Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait is the only dual active fire ant bait that kills the workers and sterilizes the queen. Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait is highly attractive to fire ants. It combines the killing speed of an adulticide (Hydramethylnon) and the long-lasting control of an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) (S-Methoprene). The IGR sterilizes the queen and prevents rebound, while the fast acting adulticide kills problem worker ants. This two-way action ensures complete control of fire ants.
- Controls and eliminates colonies without colony relocation
- Stops young colonies from developing into problem colonies
- Destroys visible and hidden colonies
- Approved for indoor and outdoor use
- Starts killing ants immediately after ingestion
- Can be used as a broadcast application or used to treat individual mounds
- Can be used on pasture and rangeland
When should I apply the bait?
- While spring and fall are the best time to apply the bait, you may apply as needed, when ants are active and foraging (usually early morning or late afternoon with soil temperatures above 60° F).
- To determine when ants are foraging, place a potato chip near the mound. If ants do not feed in a few minutes, try the test again later and apply product when feeding occurs.
- Apply product when area is dry from dew or irrigation. Do not apply product within 6 hours of a rain event. Wet bait is unattractive to ants.
- Use 1.5 pounds per acre.
- Spread with a hand-held spreader, backpack, motorized equipment or aircraft.
- Set the spreader at the lowest setting, treating the outer perimeter first. Then apply in a strip pattern within that area.
Individual mound treatment
- Use 2-5 tablespoons per mound.
- Distribute bait uniformly around each mound.
- Do not disturb mound during application.
Refillable bait stations
- Place one refillable bait station every 15-30 feet along the perimeter of a structure or fence line. Also place them near potential entry points, including weep holes, foundation vents, stairs and decks.
- Place up to 2 tablespoons of bait per station.
- Inspect stations frequently and replenish bait as it is soiled or has become wet.
Apply bait ONLY into crack and crevices. Apply 2 teaspoons - 1 tablespoon per crack, crevice or other in accessible areas where ants are entering the structure or where ants are nesting.
Is Extinguish Professional Fire Ant Bait or Extinguish Plus waterproof? How do weather conditions affect it?
If Extinguish Professional Fire Ant Bait gets wet, it will have reduced palatability, and therefore reduces results. The product should be applied while ground conditions are dry and where rainfall is not expected for more that six hours. Most foraging ants will pick up the bait within six hours after placement.